Tuesday, August 4, 2009


Wednesday August 5 Ottawa ON

Thunderstorms did come in ~ dinner time yesterday. When the rain slowed I went to a little Mexican restaurant in the ByWard Market area. Later went to parliament bldg for light show but it was cancelled due to weather. Dorm filled up, luckily my bed is right beside the little AC unit and not one of the higher priced former jail cells with no windows or AC. Got up early and went to the War Museum by walking along the Canal and Ottawa River paths. Sorry Vancouver but Ottawa may have us beat for bike facilities; rental bikes from kiosks for ByWard Market, every type of rider commuting by bike and lots along the path I took. Spent nearly the entire day at the museum and finally left about 4:00. They just present the all the facts they can, with a Canadian perspective (ie no Nagasaki or Hiroshima) but you can't help but be moved at times. Went to Parliament Hill for a tour and did the same tour that I did before with OPSS. Of course being summer and after hours (6:00 pm) I didn't get to meet the PM, my MP or anyone else but I did get most of the trivia questions right. The big changes since I was last there? No, not Nunavut, but airport-type security to get in and a gift shop to get out. Will try to get to the light show tonight - I missed the jail tour once again.

No bike miles, huge walking kms and standing hrs.

No comments:

Post a Comment