Tuesday, August 4, 2009


Sunday July 26 Wawa ON

Got up to rain falling outside the motel so I was in no rush to get going. Made oatmeal and coffee on my stove as there is no coffee maker or microwave in the motel. I guess they want you to walk across the parking lot to the restaurant. Got going and for the first few hours there was on and off rain but weather got better, rain stopped, roads dried, no wind nor humidity makes it feel much warmer than it is so I was in short sleeves most of the time. Stopped at White Pine where Winnie the Pooh began. Noticed a sign for Jen's Cafe but it was closed (Sunday) so I went to a truckers chain. I have given up my daily quest for good coffee and home baked goodies. Weather was getting so much better that I was tempted to get some supplies in Wawa, continue south and camp in Lake Superior Prov Park but ~1 hr out of Wawa the rain came down so hard that I took shelter in the trees. And after most of my clothes, my shoes and my socks hanging off the back of my bike had nearly dried! Watched a bear from the highway for a short while earlier. It wasn't happy when it realized that I saw it first. I still haven't seen a moose. After the rain shower I could see and feel a cold moist air mass coming at Wawa. I grabbed a motel and some supplies. The air mass was the lake-effect fog that's common here. It brought a little rain but not much more.

OD 4037.4 km, 6:30:06, 135.10 km, 20.7 ave, 46.6 max

No comments:

Post a Comment