Tuesday, August 4, 2009


Monday July 27 Pancake Bay Prov Park

Fog still lingering when I got up this morning. Cooked breakfast inside the motel and got going to get to the InfoCentre at 8:00 to use their computer for a little while. About 15 km ride to Lake Sup Prov Park and at the same time fog cleared. Started ride thinking I should be wearing 3 layers and soon one was enough. Fog returned on and off throughout the day as did the wind. The park also seemed to have 3 times as many uphills as downhills. All day I felt like I was dragging something. Stopped a number of times to check things out in the park likes beaches, coves and inland lakes. Stopped for a late lunch at the main camping area. Campground did not seem very full at all probably because they charge about $32.00 and up for a site. Rode to Pancake Bay Prov Park. The beach is great, the water is relatively warm because it is only ~2 feet deep for the first 25 meters from shore. Nice to go for a swim and do some camping at last. This campground has ~200 sites, nearly full tonight, lots of families, a few here for the summer (lottery system to get one of those sites) and except for being beside the Hwy it is fairly quiet and the people are friendly. Today while telling my story to a bunch of people from Milwalkee, I realized that I have crossed the halfway mark (4.5 weeks) on my trip and that thought has really bummed me out. Halfway over:(

OD 4191.3 km, 8:13:18, 153.82 km, 18.6 ave, 55,2 max

No comments:

Post a Comment