Tuesday, August 4, 2009


Friday July 24 Terrace Bay ON

Got up at 7:00am to rain falling on the tent. Made breakfast and coffee and packed things up using the 'shower house" as a shelter from the rain. Got going and the wind and rain really got going. Visibility is usually less than 1 km, sometimes more like 200 m. The wind from the lake drives the rain into my skin like needles. I wanted to check my thermometer but I was too cold to take a look - I'm guessing it was about 8C. People warned me of the hills in this stretch along the lake and I got a taste of the Steep ups and downs. Not reduced to walking yet but always looking for an easier gear on my bike. I thought Marathon would be a respectable distance today but my feet were like blocks of ice so I stopped at a motel in Terrace Bay. Friendly little town, I think it's on the lake but I can't see it. After getting warmed up I spent the rest of the day updating my blog, shopping, easting and drying out my gear. Eating - I'm getting tired of nonstop eating! Also spent lots of time on the phone catching up with everyone and I still have hours and hours left on my calling card.

OD 3784.6, 3:31:02, 57.43 km, 16.3 ave, 47.8 max.

No comments:

Post a Comment