Tuesday, August 4, 2009


Sunday Aug 2 Mackey ON

It rained nearly all night and especially hard ~5 to 6 am. Didn't know what I would do as I didn't want to ride in that. Got up ~7:30 and it was sunny. J&L fed me breakfast and gave me some food to go as well. We crammed the bike in the car and the 3 of us went to the InfoCentre as that was convenient and I guess if anyone is keeping track the exact same picnic table from where I was picked up. After unloading the bike it started raining so we sat inside the car waiting for the shower to pass. Not long after it did so I loaded up the bike we took some photos and said our good byes. It seemed to take me about another hour to get rolling as I kept stopping to adjust gear, pump up tires, add and remove clothes and duck under a tree to let another shower pass. As the day went on it got clearer and the SWesterlies picked up. Passed by one campground as the map showed a Prov Park ahead. The PP was full so I went a little further to the next town which has a campground on the Ottawa River (actually a tributary called Mackey Creek). Not much for me as it is like an RV/ trailer park filled with families that are here most of the summer. It reminds me of Bobcaygeon as a teenager except there is no town so I don't know what the kids do. Because everyone knows each other here, I have become somewhat of a celebrity as everyone has to come by and say "So you're the guy cycling from...."

OD 4855.2 km, 6:03:41, 138.27, 22.7 km, 62.6 max

No comments:

Post a Comment