Monday, August 10, 2009


Sat Aug 8 Trois Riveries PQ

Woke up to blue skies, even put on some sunscreen. Took me until nearly 9:00 am to get rolling on the Hwy. Took me even longer to realize that it is the weekend. I know I can not make Quebec City in one day as it is ~ 225 km away. Will make it two easy days. When going through Brethierville there was a traffic jam on the Hwy to get into the Tim Horton's drive through. And these people are afraid of losing their culture!! I went to a take out place for coffee and frites (Ontario had lots of people selling burgers and fries from trucks here it's like the old Wally Burgers everywhere) Got to Trois Riveries an older working class town (Kruger Paper et al) and stopped at the very busy, very down town Info Centre. Didn't want to wait and then realized that there is a hostel here, it's only ~ 120 km to Quebec City and some dark clouds are rolling in so I left the InfoCentre and found my way through the narrow one way streets to the hostel. Smaller place, an old typical brick, 3 storey house that is done up well and kept very organized. Went for a walk downtown - it is jammed packed with Cafes, bistros, bars and patios but of course I'm looking for a grocery store tonight. The city also has a lot of old, fat, balding, white guys on Harley's. Motorcycles even have designated parking spaces on the street. Also an Italian festival going on (a language other than French!) the only thing I saw was a show and shine that started with little Italian cars that looked like old Mini's then Fiats, Alfa Romeo, and Lamborghini's.

OD 5487.5 km, 4:09:16, 95.48 km, 22.9 ave, 37.4 max

No comments:

Post a Comment