Sunday, September 6, 2009


Wed August 12 St. Marc du Lac Long PQ

(Typical lunch spot)

Got up at 7:00 am to sunshine, Difficult to get up earlier and respect the quiet hours, Didn't see G stir and did not see S (but she is camped further away). Good scenic ride along the St Lawrence at times right against the water. Wonder what happens during big wind storms? Turned away and headed in land just before noon. I could feel the temperature rising and the heat of the sun immediately. Lots of rolling hills, lots of picnic stops and still some head winds. Took a campsite ~ 20 km from New Brunswick border. Saw lots of cyclists again today. Many with full panniers all heading the other direction. I should have stopped to talk to one guy who had 4 big panniers and a full trailer! When I arrived at this campground the guy gave me a choice of a site right on the water or a larger one 30 m away. The one on the water was pretty nice but too close to others. Later I realized that there are about 20 trailers here but only ~ 3 have people here, the rest are empty until the w/e I guess. Looks like two super long days to Fredericton. Went for a swim when I got here. I haven't been able to do that as much as I expected (Oosoyos, Grand Forks, Lake of the Prairies, Whiteshell Park, Pancake Bay, Mackay and here - could have at Hope and North Bay)

OD 5888.2 km, 6:54:50, 124.4 km, 19.0 ave, 54.8 max.

No comments:

Post a Comment