Sunday, September 6, 2009


Friday August 21 PEI National Park (Cavendish)

First up and out from the campground this morning. I noticed yesterday on the map that PEI has "scenic heritage roads." Apparently they are narrow, PEI-dirt, tree lined roads probably often used for movie sets. I decided to try one out. Yep, just like it says, rather difficult to negotiate on skinny tires when it's dry deep sand. Some of it was damp so now my bike is covered with the red soil. I finished the North Loop and stopped at an InfoCentre where I found out the season's first hurricane is approaching and may arrive Saturday evening with 100 mm of rain. Time to try to find a place in Charlottetown, on a weekend, Canada Games in town and probably every camper like me looking for shelter. Got on the phone and I think I found one for tomorrow night. Rode mostly along the main Hwy #2 this morning to Kensington where I did my shopping then headed out to the North coast as a long way to Charlottetown. I arrived at the park later than I had planned, luckily they had campsites open (few motels, B&B's etc along the way had vacancies.) Didn't have much time to explore the park, just a swim in the shallow water. This camp ground seems to be French / Acadian so I'm saying my bonjours all over again. I'm in the heart of Anne of Green Gables territory - who knew it was so popular in French too.

7068.9 km!, 6:18:00, 130.73 km, 20.7 ave, 48.9 max

No comments:

Post a Comment