Sunday, September 6, 2009


Tuesday August 25 Inverness NS

Got up early to try to adjust to the shorter days to find it was very foggy outside. Luckily the fog burned off very quickly but everything was still very wet. As I was riding out of town I hit a pothole and it sounded like I dropped something. Everything seemed to be in place so I continued on and later found that it was my watch that I had attached to the handlebars that I lost. A while latter my MP3 (FM radio) wouldn't work. Now I figured I had no way of knowing the date or time. My spedometer has a clock but I don't know how to set it, all I know is that it is wrong. Luckily I fixed my MP3 and found my spedometer is only 15 minutes out. I'll use this book to keep track of the days. Got off the freeway - TCH for most of the morning - crossed the Canso Causeway to the "Island" and I am beginning my clockwise loop including the Cabot Trail. Trail? Maybe when it was built to join all the ports 75 years ago but it is a Hwy. Luckily few RV's almost no trucks and only a couple Harley's. Met a couple from White Rock who are doing the same as me in their RV - same pace, no plans, just meeting people and taking things as they come. Also saw them at the Celtic Music Interpretive Centre in Jedique where they have free Celtic music concerts everyday at lunch. Unfortunately we only saw the last bit before they wrapped it up. Seems to be lots of Cape Breton Celtic music everywhere. I'm thinking they sell this area as one of the greatest (automobile) drives in North America but the arts may be better than the geography. I wanted to finish my ride on the early side today but missed the campground (This scenic drive needs to see how they over do signage on PEI) so had to go to the next one. Got here at a reasonable time and it is worth it. They have ~35 cabins and campsites and ~ 1/2 km of their own beach below the cliffs and sand dunes. Amazing sunset after days of rain and days of humidity haze.

OD 7445.2 km, 7:06:26, 146.59, 20.6 ave, 55.0 max

No comments:

Post a Comment