Sunday, September 6, 2009


Tuesday August 18 Sackville NB

Appropriate town name for how I'm feeling. Don't know if it's the heat (38+ on the humidex), trying to be a tourist, all the steep climbs on the side roads or what but for the first time I don't feel like riding. Slept late (cool and windy by the water) lounged around, finally got going and then finished early. Went through Moncton (quite large) and Dieppe (quite Acadian) but generally around and over the chocolate coloured rivers of Petitcodiac and another smaller one. Stopped at the Hopewell Rocks to find they have acres of parking, shuttle buses and gates that look like some kind of amusement park. Unfortunately I would have to spend 24+ hrs there to see it (Mon pm to Wed am actually) but seeing the entrance is enough for me. I wonder if someone could walk to it from the campground, especially for a 5 am low tide? Maybe next time. I think I got the last room here in Sackville as the rest are taken by the road construction crew. Did some chores and wandered about the town. Didn't know they had a big old university here (Mt Allison)- it looks like it could be an "Ivy League" school due to the age and architecture.

OD 6627.4 km, 5:20:34, 103.56 km, 19.3 ave, 51.6 max

No comments:

Post a Comment