Sunday, September 6, 2009


Saturday August 15 Fredericton NB

Slept late as the heat makes it hard to fall asleep. Got rolling on the #165 which is obviously the old TCH with maybe two motels struggling. I hardly saw a car in either direction more often than one every 3 minutes. Unfortunately the #165 becomes a cul-de-sac so I was forced onto the freeway. Pulled out my MP3 player, turned up the volume and rolled along the smooth new pavement. Happy to get off 10 km later, crossed the river and made my own route rather than the tourist Scenic Route. It was quite a bit longer and the road was so bumpy that I often rode in the middle of the lane. Eventually made it to Fredericton and I am quite surprised that it is so small. With the Fathers of Confederation and all that, the Prov Legislature and 200 and some years it's not any bigger than some one industry resource towns. Took the guided walking tour of the Garrison District then ate at the pub and did some of the self guided walking tours. Also had a BBQ hamburger in the Park as they were celebrating Acadian Day. It's true, NB is the only bilingual province. Staying at a hostel again - I don't know why I think they will have AC, of course they don't. This one is really what we call an SRO in Vancouver. It's a mix of HI, Backpackers hostel and tenants in a large apt building (Temp ~ 32C and the girls at the InfoCentre say 38 on the humidex)

OD 6261.2 km, 5:50:50, 119.54 km, 20.4 ave, 62.2 max

No comments:

Post a Comment