Sunday, September 6, 2009


Friday August 14 Woodstock NB

Well summer is finally here. Over 32C and tomorrow to be warmer. Filling and refilling my 3 water bottles throughout the day whenever I can. Since Alberta the 3 were usually all I needed for the ride. Still following "the old TCH" and getting lots of advice from locals - the InfoCentres are great for handing out pamphlets but can't answer even simple questions. Mostly farmland today, crossing the St John River a few times including the longest covered bridge in the world at Hartland. I miss Quebec's way of selling beer - just go anywhere including the campground convenience store or any gas stn a buy a couple cans for the night. I've now been here 3 days and have yet to find an ANBL outlet. It's probably easier to buy beer in Nunavut (where they have dry communities). Or maybe everyone drinks at the pub. I went out for "Steak and a Stein" at the pub - beer is only $3.10 a pint. Decided to take a bed at the hostel thinking it would have AC. Nope, but at least it's ground floor so I should survive. It's an old building with some retail on the ground floor and the rest is apt/ student dorms. I got my own room and everything else is shared. Only ~6 people here and only a couple of "hello's." Strange.

OD 6141.7 km, 6:16:11, 118.76 km, 18.9 ave, 58.0 max

No comments:

Post a Comment