Friday, July 10, 2009


Saturday July 4

Got woken up just after falling asleep. I guess I didn't have a room to myself afterall. The guy dropped a few items just inside the door and left. I moved my stuff and my bike to one area and when he came back I was nearly asleep. I had to try to remove my stuff and bike as quietly as I could in the morning. No AC or ventilation so it was a pretty warm sleep. On my way before 8:00 am. Easy ride to Crowsnest Pass - actually I'm not sure exactly where it was. I got some photos of myself at the BC and Alberta signs. Coming down from the pass I had the wind in my face. How could that be? Yet there were some storm clouds building over the Rockies and following me. I stopped to put the rain covers on my paniers and kept looking back for lightning (saw a few) and really dark clouds. Rain was very light and lasted only about 1/2 km. I stopped at the Tourist Info at the border and they recommended Cypress Hill. I'm thinking 2 long days in Alberta, one short ride with a night at Cypress Hills then onto Sask. - that would be arrive Wed 8th. The people at the Info Centre said both the SF couple and the Montrealer went through this morning. I did not see them but I'm guessing they could have 50 km on me by now. Now at Pincher Creek private campground. They also had one in town but it was nearly empty except for two Indians drinking beer at one site.

OD 1135.1 km, 6:21:32, 124.57km, 19.5 km/hr ave, max 51.6

No comments:

Post a Comment