Monday, July 27, 2009


Monday July 20 Wabigoon ON

Woke up at 5:30 to the sound of rain on the tent, so rolled over and went back to sleep. Got up at 7:00 when the rain had stopped and it started again a few minutes into the ride. Stopped at the picnic area ~6 km into the trip - it looked like a great place to camp - so much so it was well signed as no camping and even had gates they probably lock every night - I should have camped there after they locked up. Met up with the SF couple, they stayed 30 km back at Dryden. Rain was very light and continued most of the morning, it hardly made the pavement wet. Took a motel as rain is expected but not hot enough for thunder showers but they say there is a chance. I sure have a knack for picking out the cheap motels. Everything in this place looks like it was scavenged, is broken, crooked, or old except the Sat TV which I couldn't figure out how to work until I found out the batteries in the remote were nearly dead. The mattress is firm and the toilet paper is soft - that's all that really matters. I didn't do a lot of miles today so now I don't' know if I will make Thunder Bay in two days.

OD 3228.9 6:02:50, 114.17, 18.8 km/hr ave, 44.6 max

No comments:

Post a Comment