Friday, July 17, 2009


Friday July 10 Regina

Glad I stayed in a motel. As lonely and boring as they are the rain showers continued to ~ 8:00 pm and it got cold. The winds died overnight but picked up to those favourable westerlies. All day I had 2 layers on even with the wind at my back and the occasional bit of sun. No rain, it seems to be all gone. I worried about a sore butt (but not as much as others) but what I noticed occasionally over the last week has become carpel tunnel in the right triceps/ shoulder/ shoulder blade. Oh no!! I stopped in Moose Jaw - it seems like a thriving city. It has a few real cafes unfortunately the one I went to which had everything I expect in an independent had terribly boring coffee. Maybe it's the water, I can hardly drink the stuff, even here in Regina it's awful. Funny thing happened to me just as I arrived near the city limits. I stopped to dig out city maps etc while listening to my MP3 player. I didn't notice but a guy about my age had stopped his car on the other side of the TCH, ran across 4 lanes of traffic and the wide grass medium to say that he has always wanted to ride across the country, sees people loaded down with gear like me quite often and just had to meet one of us. We talked for a while on the side of the highway before saying good bye and good luck. Stumbled into the hostel while looking for the Tourist InfoCentre. Hostel seems quiet - not sure where people store food and no alcohol policy but really friendly people including one who greeted me while I was still outside. He is from Korea and riding across the country.

OD 2046.0 km, estimate 24km/hr

No comments:

Post a Comment