Friday, July 17, 2009



Monday July 13 Lake of the Prairies

Up and on my way late due to yesterday's long ride. Left ~8:30 and winds are light from the east/ southeast. The first couple hours to Yorkton I have the wind slightly behind my right shoulder. Yorkton is quite large - or at least larger than I thought it would be. Took the south bypass/ perimeter road to get to the Info Centre. As I rode east I was not looking forward to this afternoon's eastward ride. Info Centre helpful. Got some great coffee and a cinnamon bun from a place recommended by some city workers. ( I saw 2 girls and a guy planting some flowers on Broadway and I know that city workers know where the best brew is) Also got a new mirror for my bike and some grocs. Mirror was used quite a bit as there were some narrow or chewed up shoulders especially near the Sask-Man border. Camping tonight in Manitoba however I didn't see a sign saying "Welcome to" "Thanks for" or "Central Time". I'm at Lake of the Prairies. Its a long lake straddling the border, created by a dam at the south end. Immediately, dropping into the valley, there are trees, a lake to swim in (not too cold at all) boating and fishing right in front of my campsite and all around. Am I on the Shield? Weather keeps holding - never too hot, sun and clouds and sometimes dark clouds but no rain.

OD 2357.6, 6:35:30, 111.36 km, 16.8 km/hr ave, 39.6 max.

No comments:

Post a Comment