Friday, July 17, 2009


Sat July 11 Regina

Brian's uncle Angus biked to the Regina hostel to meet me and we rode downtown including the Sask Hotel, pedestrian mall, farmer's market etc etc. Then to Angus' and DeVona's home for breakfast. Angus toured me around the Wescana lake area and all the sites around it. Later the three of us rode out to the south east and had lunch at Earl's. After lunch Angus drove me out to the RCMP's new museum then back for dinner. Sat around enjoying the company until exhausted. Angus recommends a northerly route to Winnipeg which will probably only add one day (6 instead of 5). Sounds like the best option to me. Despite today being a rest day, I still put a lot of time and kms on the bike. I only hope that I will still be able to do it when I'm in my 70's.

OD 2084.3, 3:10:36, 38.32 km (touring Regina)

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy BIRTHDAY dear David ...hugzzzz...HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you....following your blog and keeping you in my prayers for a successful and safe trip...one question tho...do you have to ride all the way BACK now?..lol ...you've come a long way from the kid on the mustang bike with no breaks lolol...keep up the good work Dave, and have fun on this once in a lifetime experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooops, brakes * not breaks...ugh

    ReplyDelete