Wednesday, May 6, 2009



Day 2 May 3/09

Last night at the hostel the street noise didn't stop until ~2:30 am. I guess the line ups to the clubs and the smoking areas are more fun than what's inside. About the time that stopped my dorm mate who had been sleeping since I arrived started coughing and coughing. All I could think about was the swine flu going on or maybe he should be in some kind of recovery shelter. He got up ~ 5:00 am and I didn't see him again. I actually did have a good sleep, got up at 7:00 to sunshine and left about 8:00. I headed south to "Mile 0" and while looking for someone to snap my photo (lots of joggers I didn't want to disturb or old/handicap that couldn't cut across the grass) a runner came up and asked if he could take my photo for me. I asked why he wasn't running the Vancouver maratho and he said he was all "raced out." I understood perfectly. I toured the Sannich peninsula until about 5 km and 25 min to get the 11:00 boat when I figured I should race it. Made it. Only ~7 cyclists but I think the car decks must be close to full if not full. On the ferry now and enjoying the sunshine.

Day 2 plus 1 - Back at home. Got home before 3:00 pm yesterday and not feeling too bad except for my Achilles tendons. Never had that problem before - am I clenching my feet or something? today (Monday, back at work) I took the bus and have been pretty lazy. How will I do bike rides day after day if I'm tired after just two?

88.78 km - 4:03:02 hrs - 21.8 km/hr ave - 66.9 max

1 comment: